- A Minute to Learn It – Before You Borrow
- What is a loan?
- What is a lender?
- What is the loan servicer?
- What kinds of student loans are there?
- What is interest?
- Are there any fees I have to pay if I borrow a Federal Direct Loan?
- What is the difference between interest and principal?
- How do I apply for federal loans?
- Do I need to accept my student loan on my Award Letter?
- If I accept my Federal Direct Loan award, how will this affect other forms of student aid?
- What happens to my Federal Direct loan if I do not attend school at least half-time?
- If I have already completed a Direct Loan MPN for another school, do I need to complete another one?
- What is the 150% loan limit rule regarding Federal Direct Subsidized Loans?
- A Minute to Learn It - Applying for Financial Aid
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- Does it cost to apply for financial aid?
- When should I apply for financial aid?
- When should I fill out a FAFSA?
- Do I have to reapply for financial aid each year?
- Do I have to wait for admission before applying for financial aid?
- What tax information do I need to complete my FAFSA on or after October 1st?
- Loan Exit Counseling - Getting Started
- Loan Exit Counseling – Understand Your Loans
- Loan Exit Counseling – Plan to Repay
- Loan Exit Counseling – Avoid Default
- Loan Exit Counseling – Finances: A Priority
- Loan Exit Counseling – Repayment Information
- Loan Exit Counseling – Summary and Additional Resources
- What does a parent need to know about financial aid when sending a child to college?
- Are there some specific things that parents and their student should discuss?
- What role should financial aid play in the selection of a college for my child?
- My daughter is going to college next year, what can I do now to start to prepare for paying for school?
- Is all financial aid ‘free money’?
- Where does Financial Aid come from?
- When should my student apply for financial aid?
- How does my student apply for financial aid?
- If parents are divorced, which parent provides information for the student’s FAFSA?
- Are there resources available in the parents name to help pay for their student’s education?
- What happens if I am denied a PLUS loan?
- My child is paying for school on her own; do I have to provide my information on the FAFSA?
- If I provide my information on the FAFSA, does this obligate me to pay for my child’s education?
- I have multiple children in college; do I need to complete a separate FAFSA for each child?
- What should I do if I have special circumstances not indicated on the FAFSA?
- Is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) the actual amount that we will owe the school?
- Helpful and Important Links